Thursday, January 1, 2015

A New Year

“I the Lord do not change...” ~Malachi 3:6a

Here we are at this point in time again – a whole year later; thinking about the year that was, looking forward to the year ahead and wondering what this New Year might bring. Life seems to be flying by!
Throughout our lifetime, we experience a great deal of change. From life’s first cry to one’s final breath; as the years go by, we see the world and the society in which we live in, change. I love hearing stories from those who have lived many years – about how dramatically the world has changed in their lifetime. Those born in the 20’s, 30’s, 40’s, 50’s, 60’s – all the experiences and tales they could tell!
It is true with every new year comes new aspirations, hopes, dreams, plans, anticipation and uncertainty. We leave behind another year that holds much joy as it does sorrow and tragedy.
Much can change in one year. Much can happen in a year. I know that full well.
There is one thing, however, that will never change; that is God himself and the love that he has for us, through Christ Jesus, our Lord. It is amazing to think, it is amazing to know that God never changes! Even though our circumstances and the influences that cause change in our life do, he does not! Life and uncertainties may shake us, but God, who is the Rock of Ages (Isaiah 26:4) does not move!
‘Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows’ ~James 1:17.
God’s unchanging purpose gives you eternal significance. ‘The plans of the Lord stand firm forever, the purposes of his heart through all generations’ ~Psalm 33:11. God’s plan is unchangeable, It existed from the beginning of time and remains the same today. It is overwhelming to think that we are part of his great plan.
“For I know the plans I have for you”, declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, to give you a future and a hope” ~Jeremiah 29:11.
The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness’ ~Lamentations 3:22-23.
God’s unchangeable ways assure you of unwavering guidance. ‘As for God, his ways are perfect; the word of the Lord is flawless’ ~Psalm 18:30.
God’s unchanging Word equips you with timeless truth. The Bible is forever new, forever relevant, forever timeless. The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God stands forever’ ~Isaiah 40:8.
God’s unchanging commitment  guarantees everlasting security and assurance. If you have made the decision to trust in Jesus – to entrust him with your life, your heart and your soul, and declared him as Lord and Saviour, you can be assured of eternal life spent in heaven with him. God is forever (with no end) committed to you: your salvation, growth in a relationship with him, and your eternal destiny.
 ‘For great is your love (O Lord), higher than the heavens; your faithfulness reaches to the skies’ ~Psalm 108:4
‘Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever’ ~Hebrews 13:8.

You stood before creation
Eternity in your hand
You spoke the earth into motion
My soul now to stand

You stood before my failure
And carried the cross for my shame
My sin weighed upon your shoulders
My soul now to stand

So what could I say?
And what could I do?
But offer this heart, Oh God
Completely to you

So I'll walk upon salvation
Your spirit alive in me
This life to declare your promise
My soul now to stand

So what could I say?
And what could I do?
But offer this heart, Oh God
Completely to you

I'll stand
With arms high and heart abandoned
In awe of the one who gave it all
I'll stand
My soul Lord to you surrendered
All I am is yours

~Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment