Monday, February 3, 2014

A small piece of heaven

Bright lights of the city, dull the true beauty and glistening of the stars. Thus, for one week in early January each year, I look forward to escaping the hustle and bustle of suburbia to head out into wide open space to encounter their true and vivid glow.

As the light of the day fades, the stars emerge to fill the expanse of the black canvas of the night time sky. I'm captivated and filled with awe as I stare up into the infinite expanse, the ascending abyss. Peaceful reflection compels me to thank God for giving me life that I may stand and witness such a sight.

'How good it is to sing praises to our God, how pleasant and fitting to praise Him!' ~Psalm 147:1b

God of wonders beyond our galaxy, the universe declares His majesty.

'When I consider your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and the stars, which you have set in place...' ~Psalm 8:3

'He determines the number of stars and calls them each by name' ~Psalm 147:4

It is amazing, bewildering, breathtaking, perplexing; overwhelmingly impossible to grasp the true vastness of. Our minds are so finite - not capable of fully comprehending God and all His glory, His wonder, His power, His might, His love.

'I spread my out my hands to you...' ~Psalm 143:6a

It is moments like these when we are privileged to witness a fragment of who God is - we encounter Him; we capture a small glimpse of the eternity that awaits us by experiencing a piece of heaven.

For '...as it is written: "What no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, and what no human mind has conceived" the things God has prepared for those who love him' ~1 Corinthians 2:9

 


May you be blessed, the next time you lift your head to examine a small piece of heaven.

~Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment